Thursday 6 August 2015

Getting Ready for the Holiday

Yesterday's invitation to check-in online for our pre-flight hotel, moved the holiday from planning mode to "yipee, it is almost time for the planning to become reality".

So on that basis it is clearly the time to start this year's holiday blog and to say welcome to you dear reader to this year's trip across the USA.

To make life easy for those who want to see what we get up to during the holiday you can follow the blog by entering your preferred e-mail address in the 'Follow by E-mail' link on the right and clicking submit, or you can click the 'subscribe to link' to see the rss feed you can use to follow via your preferred rss reader. Of course in addition to this I'll be using Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus to share each day's posts, so if you follow me through one of these social media channels you should see the updates anyway.

Those of you who have followed me in the past will know that I started blogging about my holidays back in 2006 when so many people had asked me to let them know about our South East Asian Cruise that instead of a load of e-mails I turned to the blogosphere.

Since then I have blogged about trips to the USA in 2011 and 2013 and a train tour of Southern Europe in 2012. I find I enjoy the writing as part of the way to catch the memories and to use the blog as my own way of remembering the holiday as much as a way for my family, friends and acquaintances to join us on the journey.


So welcome, I look forward to having you with us this year and welcome you to comment below, or just to read and enjoy. For those of you who have not followed our previous blogs please know that food may play as big (yes I know a bigger) part of the experience than the locations – but food is always a key part of our holidays.



9 comments:

  1. I wrote a long content and now it is gone lol! Look forward to following you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a long content and now it is gone lol! Look forward to following you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a long content and now it is gone lol! Look forward to following you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, odd that it appears three times, maybe a connection thing.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to following the blog. Especially the pictures: hoping the new Nikon will be out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Robin, you and Linda have been my star followers over the years.

      Drew says the new Nikon will indeed be out - so expect even more photos than ever before :-)

      Delete
  6. I seem to remember Haydn saying in the past that Las Vegas was a bit extreme "even for me".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it wouldn't be on my list of places to visit. But Drew loved his week there some years ago, so he is going to show me the highlights - apparently :-)

      Delete